2015 with the Genetic Choir
The new year is approaching, and here is an overview of when and where to experience the Genetic Choir In 2015 (concerts, workshops, projects). Some concrete dates for the next few month and some glass-bowl looking for other things to come…
17+18 January 2015 – 10:30-17:00 – OLD SONGS, NEW SONGS (open workshop sessions)
29 January 2015 – 22:30 – LATE NIGHT CONCERT in the Compagnietheater, hosted by international theatre improv festival IMPRO Amsterdam
31 January 2015 – 13:00-16:00 – Genetic Choir taster workshop on IMPRO Amsterdam
1 March 2015 — GENETIC CHOIR ONE-DAY SESSION (open workshop session)
21+22 March 2015 — SPACE / SOUND / BODIES , 10:30-17:00 (open workshop sessions)
13+14 June 2015 — RHYTHM AND TIME(ING) , 10:30-17:00 (open workshop sessions)
PROJECTS IN THE PIPELINE FOR 2015:
- There’ll be an electronic-vocal concert of the Genetic Choir at STEIM, as part of a collaboration with Robert van Heumen, later this year.
- Puppet player and theatre maker Lindai Boogerman asked us to help her make the soundtrack for her next performance: “Een ijsbeer in de tropen” .
- We are holding the ‘Space Sound Bodies’ sessions in March in Utrecht in order to further or research into voice+dance performance together with the strong community of Improvisation dancers there.
- Another collaboration with Zone2Source might result in a midsummer’s night concert on location in one of the Floriade ruins in Amstelpark, Amsterdam.
- We are trying to convince the builders of the new metro line in Amsterdam (NoordZuidlijn) to do a concert in one of their tunnels before the trains run through them.
- And of course: The 2nd Genetic Choir album is going to come out in 2015! Everything is recorded, now in post-production. Proposed title: “Church Songs for the 21st Century”
Have a great jump into 2015, see you around – and we will keep you posted! 🙂